QUETTA: Balochistan’s Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) said it killed at least eight militants during an operation in Quetta on Wednesday.
The CTD identified the suspects as members of “Fitna al Hindustan,” a term authorities use for militants they link to the internationally designated terrorist outlawed Baloch Liberation Army (BLA).
A CTD spokesperson said the militants had taken positions in the Darakhshan area of the provincial capital. The suspects opened fire when security forces moved in.
Security personnel returned fire and engaged the militants in an intense gun battle. Officials said forces killed eight suspects during the exchange.
Three CTD officers sustained injuries. Authorities shifted them to hospital for treatment.
Security forces recovered a cache of weapons and ammunition from the scene. Officials said preliminary investigations suggest the suspects belonged to a banned extremist group.
Investigators are working to confirm the identities of the dead and trace their operational network.
“The safety of our citizens remains our top priority,” the CTD spokesperson said. He said the operation showed the department’s resolve to counter militant threats and prevent attempts to destabilize the province.
The CTD said it will continue intelligence-led operations to dismantle militant infrastructure across Balochistan. Authorities urged residents to report suspicious activity to law enforcement.
Earlier this month, security forces have completed Operation Radd-ul-Fitan-1 in Balochistan in response to the Fitna al Hindustan’s coordinated attacks at multiple locations of eight districts of the province and killed at least 216 militants.
According to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the operation was carried out successfully against terrorist elements operating with foreign backing.
It was stated that the operation involved coordinated, swift, and intelligence-based actions across multiple locations in the province.





