CTD Kills 14 Militants in Two Operations Planning Attacks in Quetta

CTD Kills 14 Militants in Two Operations Planning Attacks in Quetta

QUETTA: Security forces carried out two operations at two locations in Balochistan based on actionable intelligence and killed 14 militants linked to Fitna al Hindustan, officials said on Wednesday.

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) confirmed that a total of 14 militants were killed in the operations.

A CTD spokesperson said the first operation was carried out in Barkhan, where six militants were killed in an exchange of fire. The second operation took place in the Darakhshan area of the provincial capital, where eight militants were killed during a firefight with security personnel.

Three CTD officers were injured in the clashes and are receiving medical treatment.

Authorities transferred the bodies of the slain militants to nearby hospitals for identification and postmortem procedures.

Officials recovered a significant cache of weapons and ammunition from the dead militants.

The CTD said both operations were launched following secret intelligence reports and that the militants were planning terrorist attacks in the province.

“The operations demonstrate our commitment to preempt threats and protect civilians,” the CTD spokesperson said.

Authorities added that intelligence-led, rapid-response operations remain central to dismantling militant networks across Balochistan.

Earlier this month, security forces have completed Operation Radd-ul-Fitan-1 in Balochistan in response to the Fitna al Hindustan’s coordinated attacks at multiple locations of eight districts of the province and killed at least 216 militants.

According to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the operation was carried out successfully against terrorist elements operating with foreign backing.

It was stated that the operation involved coordinated, swift, and intelligence-based actions across multiple locations in the province.

 

 

Scroll to Top